These homemade peppermint patties are my new favorite thing. They taste just like the York kind, but even better. We're currently working on a recipe using honey as a sweetener, so be on the lookout for that! But for now, here's the original recipe:
1/4 cup softened butter
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp peppermint extract (I like Frontier Co-op's organic Mint Extract)
3 cups powdered sugar
2 cups dark dipping chocolate
· Mix butter, corn syrup, peppermint extract, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until they're well blended together.
· Remove mixture from bowl and break into sections about the size of 2 tsp.
· Lay the sectioned pieces onto a pan lined with parchment paper.
· Place pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
· Melt chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute an d 20 seconds (just until fully melted) and let sit in the microwave for an additional minute.
· Remove chocolate and stir gently.
· Remove the patties from the freezer and, using a fork, dip and coat each patty in the chocolate.
· Transfer back to wax paper to cool.
· Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes about 40 mints. I guarantee these will be a big hit at any holiday party this Winter! Enjoy!
#peppermintpatty #peppermintrecipe #peppermint #glassgoat #glassgoatrecipe #glassgoatatriverroadfarm #riverroadfarmrecipe #riverroadfarm #chocolatepeppermint #dessertrecipe #holidayrecipe #christmassrecipe